Lich King Lifesteal Build

I just came out of a 6.44 game of DOTA using my old favourite hero, the Lich King.

Now I usually spec lich out like your typical intelligence DOTA hero, so scthye of vyse, plenty of mana regen, attack speed and then maybe some armour to combine with the frost armour arsenal.

However, in this game of DOTA, it was Lich, Pit Lord (new DOTA 6.44 hero) and Dazzle (Shadow Priest) up against Tiny and Troll. The two players using Tiny and Troll were talented DOTA players (One was world champion Daniel Telford and the other was an up and coming DOTA player from Lebanon Jesse Semrany.)

Early game, I farmed hard and got lich levelling quickly and nicely. I got treads quickly and proceeded to get oblivion and cyclone.

Now with Lich, I simply build his frost nova (dmg, slow) and the stats icon. (I dont select any other attack until the level 6 ulti is available) a lot of people say this is weird and ask why no frost armour or mana drain chosen? - Having frost nova built up and your stats, you are LETHAL very early in the game.

I used some river runs to get early kills, using frost nova initially then a few attacks and finishing with chain frost as the enemy runs away near creeps.

Now, as I got bigger and got cash - I actually bought life steal for Lich. The lifesteal was amazing, as I had midas to get my attack speed up and my damage was +100 - so I could really stand and deliver against enemies. Well worth a try.

Please feel free to reply with your builds or strategies for Lich King / DOTA.

1 comments:

Dumie said...

shouldn't you put dark ritual so that you can spam the frost nova early in the game?